Ecommerce SEO (Search Engine Optimization) plays a significant role in creating a robust online presence of any online store. Roughly, 39% of all global e-commerce web traffic comes from search engines. Optimizing your e-commerce website with the best SEO strategies to rank higher on Search Engine Result Pages (SERPs) is a must if you want a robust online presence.
Best Ecommerce SEO Strategies
1. Keyword Research
Effective keyword research is the foundation of a successful e-commerce SEO strategy. When it comes to keyword research, it is best to choose your keywords around actual product searches, such as “Running Shoes for Women.”
Some excellent keyword research tools to use for e-commerce are Amazon and SEMRush. With Amazon being the largest e-commerce website, it offers great insight into what terms users are putting in when searching for your product. Start typing the keyword that best describes your product and see what variations Amazon produces.
SEMRush is a great tool to utilize in that it analyzes online visibility. With SEMRush, you can perform competitive analysis and identify what is ranking for which specific keywords.
2. Website Architecture
Website architecture makes all the difference as it directly relates to your website’s performance. Try not to overcomplicate the user’s journey by keeping the structure of your e-commerce website simple. Some elements to website architecture that can improve performance in search are the use of breadcrumbs and maintaining a proper internal linking structure.
3. On-Page SEO
On each page of the website, we refer to the optimization of content and code as On-Page SEO.
- Optimize content – start with optimizing all your meta tags with the keyword research you have conducted, making sure to add variations to the main page, category pages, and product pages.
- Site speed – work on improving page speed as this is a huge ranking factor in Google as it ties directly with user experience. If you cant catch the user in the first few seconds, you will lose them to your competitors.
- Effective product descriptions – write descriptions that convert. You will want to highlight your product’s essential features and anything else that will close the deal. Try not to overstuff the descriptions with keywords and do include 3-5 internal links.
- Reviews – make sure to add a review section to your product page. Entice buyers to write about their experience and therefore helping your website rank higher and bringing in more traffic.
4. Rich Snippets with Product Review Schema
Google’s rich snippets are a way for you to stand out on the first page. You can find rich snippets for both product reviews and ratings, which in turn allows for more brand visibility. Implementing proper Schema markup can help you achieve a Google rich snippet, but because that is a highly visible position on Google, there is no guarantee.
5. Off-Page SEO
Off-page SEO includes link building and outreaching. When working on e-commerce stores, it is helpful to include partnerships, sponsorships, and affiliate programs, as well as your off-page strategy.
- Link Building – getting quality links from third-party websites to your main landing pages is a great way to sustain higher rankings.
- Partnerships – strike partnerships with different affiliate websites within your industry. These affiliates will take a small percentage as commission when they successfully sell your products with the advantage bein; you will not have to stress over increasing your sales.
- Sponsorships – promote your products and boost your e-commerce sales by sponsoring your offers on high-paying blogs. Blogs with a strong Domain Authority often have a list of prerequisites, so be sure to follow their guidelines when you create and promote content.
- Outreach – reach out to relevant bloggers from your industry. Analyze which influencers are promoting your competitor’s products and start to connect with these potential link building opportunities. Ask these influencers to include your promotional offers on their blog, some may do it for free, while some will want payment. Along with sharing promotions, you can reach out to the right influencers and ask them to share your content or request to interview them. The end game is not only promoting your products ut also gaining a valuable backlink to help improve your rankings.
Optimizing an e-commerce store is essential to stay above the competition. Ecommerce SEO paired with the right marketing strategy and planning will surely help you engage with your audience and will increase revenue to your e-commerce store.
To learn more about Ecommerce SEO and to discuss a potential Ecommerce SEO campaign for your business, contact Altitude Agency today.